Monday, January 31, 2011

Prerelease!!! Mirrodin Beseiged!!!

I would like to start by saying I really enjoyed the Prerelease of Mirrodin Besieged, it was different and fun. I had mediocre success with going 2-1 in swiss draft and 4-2 in sealed but I will take it (much better than losing a bunch of points).

The Positives

- Great idea to do Mirran vs. Phyrexia all around. (diff promos and diff packs)
- Renewal of old cards (Blightsteel Colossus. Inkmoth Nexus etc.)
- New planeswalker to get.
- Nice flow from set to set.

The Negatives

- Too much infect (cards you would love to fit in a deck you can't because its infect only)
- Too much infect (did i mention there was too much infect)
- Drafts were awkward due to the different pack types.

Overall It was a nice step forward in the development of MTG as a whole. They played to the masses with the ability to "Make your own decision". It will be really interesting to see how they follow it up with the 3rd set. I believe that Phrexia probably wins the war based on my local stores choices, but we will see. I am rooting for the good guys!!!

If you read this, leave me a note and tell me about your experience and what you chose! Until next time, have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment